We are excited to announce that bidding is open for the “I Am Texas” Student Art Auction. This auction is comprised of artwork from the top submissions to the “I Am Texas” contest. For each piece of artwork, 50% of the winning bid will be given back to the student artist that created it! By bidding on one or more of these beautiful pieces you could be the catalyst that kicks off a student’s artistic career!
You may start bidding online, now through the time of the “I Am Texas” Gala on Saturday, November 5. Guests who attend the “I Am Texas” Gala can bid on the artwork in person, and many of the student artists will be at the Gala to meet bidders and share their inspiration. Bidding online and in-person will close during the “I Am Texas” Gala between 8:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. on November 5.
IF YOU HAVE NOT PURCHASED TICKETS TO THE GALA THEN REGISTERING FOR THE ART AUCTION DOES NOT REGISTER YOU FOR THE GALA, IT ONLY ALLOWS YOU TO BID ON THE AUCTION PIECES.
HOW TO BID
- Click the button below to go to the auction webpage. Once you are on that page click “Register for Event” and enter in your information
- You will receive two text messages from Qtego, the last four letters of the second text message are your pin #.
- A screen will pop up asking for your pin #. Enter your pin number on the screen.
- You will then see a screen thanking you for registering. Click the “SILENT AUCTION” button on that page.
- This takes you to a page showing each piece in the auction. In order to bid click “DETAILS” next to the art that you would like to bid on.
- Type your bid amount in the box next to “SUBMIT MY BID”
- You will receive a text message confirming your bid.
- You will also receive a text message notifying you if you are outbid.
- If you have the winning bid you will be notified by text message on November 5th.
If you have the winning bid on a piece and are not attending the Gala, we will contact you the following week to pick up your artwork.